Support Group Work
We have a number of support groups that are available to all women in the service. These are:
- Emotions Group – working through emotions, coping techniques, building strength, self-esteem and confidence.
- Domestic Abuse Recovery Group – moving on from and understanding the different types of abuse, recognising warning signs and red flags, and breaking the cycle of abuse.
- Friday Drop-in – a social group that do cooking, arts & crafts, there for a chat and a cup of tea.
- Write to Recovery – recovering from trauma through the power of writing your story.
- IT Group – learning new skills, increasing digital skills and knowledge and support with applying for benefits, jobs, etc.
- Therapy Group – Indian head massage and three point acupuncture.
For Young People
The Young Voices group go into local schools and speak with fifth year pupils about recognising the signs of an unhealthy relationship and who they can talk to about domestic abuse.